Poll

Black or White Pants with the Home Uniforms

Black
11 (68.8%)
White
5 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: White Pants and Playbook  (Read 14692 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
White Pants and Playbook
« on: October 19, 2015, 09:07:07 PM »
Okay I have a compliant ...bring back the black pants please. They look better and the white is jinxing us.

So what did they say on the Paybook? They will not update the site for a day or 2 and I cannot listen live.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: White Pants and Playbook
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 09:25:22 PM »
I agree black pants it is !! It was a very interesting conversation. Basically Bo talked about having a heart to heart conversation with the team and what he and staff expects in all phases of the game. Talked alot about the need to change the culture of the program on several different occasions. And he still feels very strongly they can win their remaining 5 games but it all starts this Saturday..especially didn't sound happy with the D..probably more so then the O

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 09:31:15 PM »
Yes lose the white pants.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 09:58:42 PM »
Okay I have a compliant ...bring back the black pants please. They look better and the white is jinxing us.

So what did they say on the Paybook? They will not update the site for a day or 2 and I cannot listen live.

Did you try to connect to WKBN through IHeart radio on the internet? I listened to it on my computer live.

BP still thinks that we have the necessary talent to compete in the league. He said that we were missing too many tackles, missing to many assignments, making too many bad decisions, and not making offensive plays in the critical moments....

He did not blame the QB... he sounded like he planned to stick with him.

He was concerned with the running/passing QB running the wild cat formations (80%) for the next game. However, he indicated he had seen it before when he was at LSU. He had designed defensive game plan to counter that. However, the team has to execute the game plan.

It sounded like he had gotten over his disappointment. He is ready to move forward to win the rest of the games.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 09:28:51 AM »
I believe we have the necessary talent IF we get back to nearly 100% on the OL.  This offense can score a ton of points, IF you block and pass protect.  Need I remind anyone, PITT is 5-1 and ranked in the BCS top 25 and we put up 30 on them, which is more than Akron, Iowa, Virginia Tech, Virginia or Georgia Tech.  IMO health in the OL is the big issue.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2015, 11:33:23 AM »
I believe we have the necessary talent IF we get back to nearly 100% on the OL.   This offense can score a ton of points, IF you block and pass protect.  Need I remind anyone, PITT is 5-1 and ranked in the BCS top 25 and we put up 30 on them, which is more than Akron, Iowa, Virginia Tech, Virginia or Georgia Tech.  IMO health in the OL is the big issue.

Well then,,, we put up 21 in a OT game on a partial scolly Bobby Morris team? I did not check but I believe YSU was at 100% O-line?!?! "ANY GIVEN SATURDAY" I'm not buying into all the "talent" here. Also, YSU has 17 "O" line players listed on the roster. I don't know their scholarship status but never the less they are on a Div 1 roster and "IF" they are on full rides maybe this should be reevaluated. "IF" losing 3 "starters" has killed production that much I'd say the "talent" really don't exist as many think. Wolford left Bo some good players no doubt, but the cupboard was not full.

I hate to always be Debbie Downer but Com'mon Man  ;)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 11:56:18 AM by ysubigred »

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2015, 12:41:00 PM »
LOTS of OL take time to develop.  I bet you find fewer underclassmen on the OL than anywhere else on the field, for just about every team.  The Browns were like 6-3 when they lost their center last year.   Loss of continuity, lack of experienced "calls" for blocking from the center and I don't think they won another game.  Just body count means less than -0-
I simply don't "get" all the negativity.  They played terrible last Saturday, absolutely no doubt, but damnit, they are KIDS.  Be supportive for your school and the kids that choose to go there!  All this Dump the Coach, Dump the OC, Dump the QB tires me out.
Have a good day.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2015, 01:56:31 PM »
LOTS of OL take time to develop.  I bet you find fewer underclassmen on the OL than anywhere else on the field, for just about every team.  The Browns were like 6-3 when they lost their center last year.   Loss of continuity, lack of experienced "calls" for blocking from the center and I don't think they won another game.  Just body count means less than -0-
I simply don't "get" all the negativity.  They played terrible last Saturday, absolutely no doubt, but damnit, they are KIDS.  Be supportive for your school and the kids that choose to go there!  All this Dump the Coach, Dump the OC, Dump the QB tires me out.
Have a good day.
No doubt the OL takes time to develop.  My frustration is that we had a coach that was a top O-line person and there hasn't been much "development" in all of those years and neither has there been depth.  The greater majority of JUCO's and transfers were skilled positions and not O-line where they knew there was weakness.  Add to that risking injury by playing the same starting 5 when games are obviously out of hand.

You are exactly right that when the Browns lost their center their season tanked for lack of experienced calls.  Pittsburgh had the same problem but had developed depth just for that reason.
ENOUGH about the pro's.

The negativity is from ANOTHER year of the same old song; different lyrics.  THIS tires me out!
I support the kids but the program is not improving and that is not fair to the team - present or future and it is not fair to those who have supported them.
I have seen a lot of positive things with Pelini and he may turn the corner in a year or two, but how many times can you sell a program by saying "just wait"?

I would like to know the reason why we can drive down the field using a hurry-up offense and then scrap it when we get inside the red zone and then for the rest of the game.  Also, running the play clock down to 0 is great when you are comfortably sitting on a lead NOT when you are struggling to catch up in the third and fourth quarter.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2015, 06:11:37 PM »
@domizzowday: NDSU announces QB Carson Wentz has a broken bone in his right wrist and will miss 6-8 weeks. Injury happened during #USD game.

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2015, 06:58:41 PM »
@domizzowday: NDSU announces QB Carson Wentz has a broken bone in his right wrist and will miss 6-8 weeks. Injury happened during #USD game.

Interesting. I wish we could have taken advantage of all the injuries SDSU had  :-\

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2015, 07:51:53 PM »
Call me an optimist, but I believe that this week YSU will perform much better.

Offline Karl Hungus

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2015, 08:08:12 PM »
It would be friggin hard not to perform better.

Offline Blo Pelini

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2015, 12:00:37 AM »

Should be interesting for sure...  Wentz's backup is from Nebraska and was not recruited by Pelini.  Hope Pelini was correct in his skills.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2015, 08:25:45 AM »
So back to the topic. Should we go back to the black pants for home uniforms?

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2015, 12:12:40 PM »
The white pants have a classic look. The black pants are overplayed.  Keep the white pants.

Anyone remember when, for one season, the helmets had "penguins" written in cursive rather than the cap "Y"?  I thought it was a terrible idea.  Also, the Wolf, as I recall, considered trading Pete at the 50 for a "Y".....also a bad idea.  Glad Pete is still there where he belongs.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen