Author Topic: LEE WRIGHT/THIS SEASON  (Read 5296 times)

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
LEE WRIGHT/THIS SEASON
« on: August 31, 2016, 08:36:52 AM »
 I listened to the radio show Monday on !390, and read the paper today.  It appears Lee Wright is done for the year, and I do agree he should be suspended.  But this is a big blow to our defense, he is our best LB.

But listening to Carl Pelini on the show, he says our defense should be dominating and we have the two best defensive ends he has ever coached.   

With 24 teams making the playoffs, and likely 5 from our league, how can we not be a playoff team?  17 seniors, two great backs, a defense with potentially 4 players who are being looked at by the NFL.

I think the only way this season doesn't end in the playoffs is if we don't find a quarterback who is just adequate, he doesn't need to be great, or even good.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: LEE WRIGHT/THIS SEASON
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 09:25:44 AM »
Playing devil’s advocate for the sake of fostering conversation on the blog:

Rivers should clearly be drafted, but Moss couldn’t  even win a starting spot for YSU last season.  I wouldn’t  get too hot on “coach speak” two days before the season. 

Alexander may get an NFL look along with Rivers, but 4??  Which players do you see in the other 2 spots?
The way college football is played today, adequate QB isn’t enough.  You may not need great, but very good is the minimum you need to make the playoffs. 

Remember we have a questionable OL, at the very least, questionable WRs and a couple good scatbacks at about 180# with no power running.   Without damn good QB play, it is going to be tough to score. 

Lots of question marks, in my opinion.   Reason for optimism, ABSOLUTELY.  A lock for the playoffs, NOT HARDLY.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 02:16:56 PM »
I listened to the radio show Monday on !390, and read the paper today.  It appears Lee Wright is done for the year, and I do agree he should be suspended.  But this is a big blow to our defense, he is our best LB.

But listening to Carl Pelini on the show, he says our defense should be dominating and we have the two best defensive ends he has ever coached.   

With 24 teams making the playoffs, and likely 5 from our league, how can we not be a playoff team?  17 seniors, two great backs, a defense with potentially 4 players who are being looked at by the NFL.

I think the only way this season doesn't end in the playoffs is if we don't find a quarterback who is just adequate, he doesn't need to be great, or even good.

Do you know if he (Lee wright) would get an additional year of eligibility from NCAA?

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 02:38:33 PM »
I wouldn't worry, he won't be back.  He basicly had his wrist slapped by the judge, but no gun conviction, so that won't stand in his was getting into another school, and he can play so a bunch will want him! 
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 04:54:03 PM »
I agree Go. I think Lee goes elsewhere at this point. Wish him luck, and hope he learned something from all this.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 05:12:51 PM »
I say keep him.  He wasn't robbing anyone, he was being a stupid kid
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 05:13:44 PM by penguinpower »

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2016, 05:53:14 PM »
He will be back. He's only suspended through December. Will be back on campus for spring semester.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2016, 11:17:50 PM »
He will be back. He's only suspended through December. Will be back on campus for spring semester.
I do not know what the rules are for student misconduct. If they have to suspend him for one semester, could they suspend him from January to May 2017 (Spring Semester)?

Unless the suspension has to be immediate.