Author Topic: MBB Non-Conference Schedule  (Read 1338 times)

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: MBB Non-Conference Schedule
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2024, 10:01:38 PM »
We may get a check from Toledo and other MAC Teams for road game. Someone else may know if thats the case.   Heck I thk we paid alot of money to get Louisiana to play at Beeghly last year.  I wanna say it was like $40k.  Which to me makes no sense but everyone wants legitimate teams and for good reason at home.  Just not sure thats how things work in college athletics right now. We need to grab the money until things settle down.  I bet Oakland will be on the road for 4,5 or 6 money games this season.

Just about everybody who visits this site can understand and endorse your logic. The problem is with casual fans that we hope to entice into our renovated gym.  If we lose three out of every four games in November and December (quite possible with this schedule) the opinion on the street will be this: "Well, Calhoun is gone and the team stinks again." We desperately needed non-conference home games for Faulkner, but apparently we could not get them.

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2024, 09:50:45 AM »
We may get a check from Toledo and other MAC Teams for road game. Someone else may know if thats the case.   Heck I thk we paid alot of money to get Louisiana to play at Beeghly last year.  I wanna say it was like $40k.  Which to me makes no sense but everyone wants legitimate teams and for good reason at home.  Just not sure thats how things work in college athletics right now. We need to grab the money until things settle down.  I bet Oakland will be on the road for 4,5 or 6 money games this season.

Just about everybody who visits this site can understand and endorse your logic. The problem is with casual fans that we hope to entice into our renovated gym.  If we lose three out of every four games in November and December (quite possible with this schedule) the opinion on the street will be this: "Well, Calhoun is gone and the team stinks again." We desperately needed non-conference home games for Faulkner, but apparently we could not get them.

100% agree.  So at this point, YSU has no non-conference home games made public? So I'm guessing 2 or 3 home non D1 games. Pretty disappointing if that's the case. 

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2024, 05:49:56 AM »
Westminster is all I heard.  How disappointing this is.

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2024, 10:18:02 AM »
The only D1 teams that visited Beeghly were Niagara, Canisius and Robert Morris and they are now in the Horizon.  Akron and Kent haven't been on the schedule in years. Something tells me they refuse to come to Beeghly and that's why we don't play them at all.  Central Michigan (I think)  is the last MAC team I recall playing at Beeghly.  There just aren't alot of schools other then maybe St Francis or Morehead.

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2024, 10:47:48 AM »
The only D1 teams that visited Beeghly were Niagara, Canisius and Robert Morris and they are now in the Horizon.  Akron and Kent haven't been on the schedule in years. Something tells me they refuse to come to Beeghly and that's why we don't play them at all.  Central Michigan (I think)  is the last MAC team I recall playing at Beeghly.  There just aren't alot of schools other then maybe St Francis or Morehead.

That's not true at all.  Last year YSU had 4 D1 home games scheduled before 2 cancelled on them, but still played Utah Tech & Navy played at home.  Year before UT Martin, Louisiana, Ohio & Southern all played at Beeghly.

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2024, 01:17:24 PM »
Don't remember the Cajuns at Beeghly ?

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2024, 01:28:22 PM »
Cajuns were never here.  Look it up.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2024, 01:31:36 PM »
Lack of money to give opponents for home games of quality.   Still mind boggling that at the curbstone event that head coach said w. Michigan and Toledo at home.  Why the switch in venues??

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2024, 04:32:39 PM »

That's not true at all.  Last year YSU had 4 D1 home games scheduled before 2 cancelled on them, but still played Utah Tech & Navy played at home.  Year before UT Martin, Louisiana, Ohio & Southern all played at Beeghly.

We played at Louisiana in the beginning of the season. Did you get mixup with the last home game (NIT) when we played Ok St?

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2024, 01:43:03 PM »
I wonder what the payout is to Chicago State for the home game? I feel like the athletic department needs to keep the big game revenue (not just football but specifically mens bball) coming just to stay relevant as a department.  Other then the Loges we don't have the ticket sale revenue because of lack of attendance for football anymore.  Strollo does use our geographic location to maximize the big game revenue.  Kudos to him for that.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Today at 06:27:27 AM »
Giving away free tickets to most home games doesn't help revenue as well.