Author Topic: MBB Non-Conference Schedule  (Read 10108 times)

Online ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: MBB Non-Conference Schedule
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2024, 04:54:39 PM »
I'm always ready to talk about Basketball but I'm not giving up on the football team based on Yesterdays performance.  Throw out the Pitt game and YSU has battled in the other 3 losses and had chances to turn those losses into wins.  Not happy and no moral victories but considering what they had to replace I figured it was going to be tough.

The basketball program is like the 2 prior years with all new players and mostly transfers.  If you don't like this or can't get used to this then you probably never will.  This is the state of being a mid-major in the portal/nil era.   You're probably not going to see a Michael Akuchee/Garrett Covington type who stay 4 years.(hope i'm wrong).

This season It's hard to tell who will start but D1 transfers Nico Galette and Siem Uijtendaal both bring double scoring and 4 years of experience so I'm confident they'll start and lead us.  I'm guessing that Jason nelson will start at pg since he started at Richmond and played a lot last season at VCU.  David Wilkerson could be the X factor at pg.  I heard multiple times that David might have started last season but had an injury so he red shirted. That's saying a lot since Brett Thompson and Bryson Langdon were pretty good last season.

Guessing that 7-3 Gabe Dynes starts and IF he can stay out of foul trouble he should be fine.  There's always 5 more fouls with 7 footer Imanuel Zorvol.  Both the Bigs showed flashes last season and if they can level up then watch out.
Not going to break down the rest of the roster but my one concern could be rebounding. The two bigs are ok and Nico averaged about 7 rb at Sacted Heart.  Not seeing a DJ burns type who owned the glass.
Maybe it's not a concern as all Calhoun's teams had multiple guys who rebounded and usually won the rebounding stat.   Hopefully coach Faulkner has that same success and why not since he was the lead asst during the Calhoun years.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2024, 07:52:35 PM »
Wick250 then good luck.  I follow both and the excitement around basketball is so much better game atmosphere than an 80% empty Stambaugh.   Just my opinion.  Nothing will be done in off season with Phillips unless he resigns.   

Offline Cimo7

• Royal Penguin
  • GO GUINS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2024, 07:22:09 AM »
Football might win one more. No way they get more then 4 wins.

Dont think basketball will be as good as they have been in years past but new coaches, new faces at least provide some optimism.