Author Topic: YSU vs Green Bay  (Read 12315 times)

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
YSU vs Green Bay
« on: February 17, 2013, 03:37:23 PM »
Another great coaching job today..... Not

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU vs Green Bay
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 04:09:00 PM »
If this team is not hitting threes, they're not going to win.  They rely on the perimeter shot way too much!  If is not falling, they're losing.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 04:10:26 PM »
Outcoached, outcoached, outcoached.  He sucks!   Looks like we will finish 7-9 in the league.  We always fade away in february.  I woder why?

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 04:14:28 PM »
Yep! We'll get buried by both Valpo and Wright on the road.  Probably lose to CMU as well.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 04:57:52 PM »
Here is Slocum's record in Feb/March the past 3 years:

Current:    2-4
Last year:  2-7
2010-10:   0-9

If Slocum would happen to lose the next 3 games and then in the 1st round of the tournament he would have to be fired .  No university or athletic dept. would put up with this crap year after year. Time for this nonsense to stop.  This team was supposed to be better than last years team and is going backwards AGAIN. 

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 06:44:19 PM »
He got completely out coached again today! Fletcher Larson, no offense to this kid, has one good game against the worst team in the conference and now he's playing big time minutes?!? He hasn't played all year!!! I know Eargle is hurt but still... Josh played about 1 minute and never gets playing time like he should. Alec Brown killed us. Didn't double him at all so he destroyed Kam and Bobby..... It's just bad coaching

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 07:00:13 PM »
He got completely out coached again today! Fletcher Larson, no offense to this kid, has one good game against the worst team in the conference and now he's playing big time minutes?!? He hasn't played all year!!! I know Eargle is hurt but still... Josh played about 1 minute and never gets playing time like he should. Alec Brown killed us. Didn't double him at all so he destroyed Kam and Bobby..... It's just bad coaching

Wow - what a comment.

The box score shows Larson with four minutes - that's "big time minutes"? 

Even if they are,  two nights ago when a poster comments that Larson has a good game, you complimented Larson by saying

"See what happens when you use your bench Jerry! Finally, your learning you actually have a talented bench"

Reply #3 at http://ysupenguins.com/forum/index.php/topic,7852.0.html

Now today you criticize Larson and wonder why he is playing at all?  Friday you couldn't understand why he hadn't played more all year.  Now you wonder why he plays at all. 

Playing against a probable NBA draft pick without our best defensive player, the result on the boards shouldn't be surprising.  Yes the lack of quality big man depth is on the coach - but at least make some consistent comments.

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2013, 07:08:47 PM »
Indy that idiot couldn't make a coherent comment if his life depended on it. When we lose, Slocum is a bum and no good and when we win, he got out of the players way. Sorry, you can't have it both ways. Green Bay was the better team today and as Indy mentioned not having Eargle was death today against Brown. Do we need more bigs, yes. They aren't lined up to come here. Unless Slocum has any eligibility left and grows to 7' himself, don't know what you want him to do about today. As I mentioned in another post, when our 1-4 spots are hitting shots, we can beat anyone. When they shoot like they did today we're in trouble. Still beats the he11 out of the 7-23 squads of recent past.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2013, 07:15:10 PM »

Wow - what a comment.

The box score shows Larson with four minutes - that's "big time minutes"? 

Even if they are,  two nights ago when a poster comments that Larson has a good game, you complimented Larson by saying

"See what happens when you use your bench Jerry! Finally, your learning you actually have a talented bench"

Reply #3 at http://ysupenguins.com/forum/index.php/topic,7852.0.html

Now today you criticize Larson and wonder why he is playing at all?  Friday you couldn't understand why he hadn't played more all year.  Now you wonder why he plays at all. 

Playing against a probable NBA draft pick without our best defensive player, the result on the boards shouldn't be surprising.  Yes the lack of quality big man depth is on the coach - but at least make some consistent comments.

I never once said that I want more PT for Larson. I simply stated the fact that Jerry needs to use his bench more because his starters run out of gas. The end

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2013, 07:19:00 PM »
Indy that idiot couldn't make a coherent comment if his life depended on it. When we lose, Slocum is a bum and no good and when we win, he got out of the players way. Sorry, you can't have it both ways. Green Bay was the better team today and as Indy mentioned not having Eargle was death today against Brown. Do we need more bigs, yes. They aren't lined up to come here. Unless Slocum has any eligibility left and grows to 7' himself, don't know what you want him to do about today. As I mentioned in another post, when our 1-4 spots are hitting shots, we can beat anyone. When they shoot like they did today we're in trouble. Still beats the he11 out of the 7-23 squads of recent past.

Idiot huh??? Thats nice lol. When the team wins, it has nothing to do with Slocum. He's a bum regardless if they win or lose. Eargle wouldn't have made a difference today. GB was the better team. Would just like to see a better gameplan. The talent on this team is being way under utilized

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2013, 07:37:35 PM »
Damn guys calm down.  Like you say, it could have 7-21.  I think Slocum is doing the best he can with the budget he's given.  Green Bay jusy had our number, I just expect better effort at home.

Offline Pita

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2013, 08:05:24 PM »
What gets on my last nerve with posters on tis site....
When we won Friday night...NO ONE POSTED...but
tonite, by golly "let the b****ing begin"....just like
all typical Youngstown area sports fans, either you WIN
or you aren't,t worth a hill of beans.  DISGUSTING!!!!

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2013, 08:28:33 PM »
Budget has nothing to do with game coaching.  We are all sick of hearing it is a budget problem.  We have decent talent on the team but they are not COACHED WELL.  Slocum's inability to adapt at half or when a team throws different looks at us like a zone has nothing to do with budget.   Does the hot potato offense we play night in and night out a budget issue?  NOT.   We all need to stop making these budget issues the reason we suck every year and face the facts that this guy cannot coach his way out of a paper bag.    And until Slocum wins he is not worth a hill of beans to the fans that want to see a WINNER.  His record speaks for itself.  If Bolden can turn the women's program around in just three years then someone can turn the men's around.

That someone is not Slocum.   

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2013, 10:29:53 PM »
What gets on my last nerve with posters on tis site....
When we won Friday night...NO ONE POSTED...but
tonite, by golly "let the b****ing begin"....just like
all typical Youngstown area sports fans, either you WIN
or you aren't,t worth a hill of beans.  DISGUSTING!!!!
Amen sister. These clowns (05 and YSU Pride--there's a joke of a name) actually get off on the losses. You're right--you never hear from them after a win.

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2013, 10:36:30 PM »
Budget is exactly why you won't get a new coach until the contract runs out, and maybe not even then.