Author Topic: So what happens now...  (Read 40368 times)

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: So what happens now...
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2013, 09:55:21 PM »
If you think we get in if we lose, you need to check out the FBS playoff Projections on the FCS Sportsnetwork.  You guessed it; Lehigh in, and YSU no where to be found.  Of course that is only projections with one game to go.  They also mentioned if UNI wins and we lose, UNI could get in over us because of head to head games.  We lost 22-20 to UNI.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 05:13:54 AM by Dmorton »

ValleyTalk

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2013, 10:12:01 PM »
If you think we get in if we lose, you need to check out the FBS playoff Projections on the FCS Sportsnetwork.  You guessed it; Lehigh in, and YSU no where to be found.  Of course that is only projections with one game to go.  They also mentioned if UNI wins and we lose, UNI could ge in over us because of head to head games.  We lost 22-20 to UNI.
UNI isn't getting in. However, I would read too much into the SportsNetwork projections. The tool who runs the FCS portion is no fan of the MVFC... CAA and SoCon all the way for him.

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2013, 10:24:38 PM »
If we take care of business with SDSU we are in and no committee will have our fate in their hands.Nobody on the AGS board gives us a chance but if we play like we are capable and utilize all of our weapons like we did with ILS we decide our fate.

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2013, 11:21:11 PM »
I understand that, but if we don't take care of business on Saturday; the Sportsnetwork projections as of right now do not have us in at 8-4. 

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2013, 11:23:17 PM »
MVFC is a two bid conference if YSU wins ( NDSU & YSU). The longshot is SDS gets in with 7-5 record( MVFC 3rd place). However, if SDS wins, its a 3 team bid ( NDSU, SDS 8-4, & YSU 8-4) for the toughest conference  in FCS. YSU & SDS ties for 2nd. Total wins  plus the Massey ratings play a big part. Other teams will tie YSU for 2nd in the MVFC with a loss, but they will have losing records overall  or lost to YSU with less games overall won. We are only having this discussion because of speculation involving a 24 team field  and most teams have poor resume's, low Massy ratings and most polls already have YSU comfortably in Top 15 with ineligible ( Ivies) teams included in Top 25. YSU has won enough games, finished no worse than 2nd in the toughest conference in FCS and has the #20 scoring O in FCS at 36.5  pts. Butler  ( Pioneer auto bid) will be a huge embarrassment to NCAA and so will many of the other lower rated leagues. And everyone knows it. Just for laughs, Morehead St. AD is on the selection committee. MVFC rep on committee is UNI AD.

I expect a win Saturday, just for the record.

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2013, 04:58:25 AM »
Paladin, I understand everything you're saying, I'm only referring to what I saw in the brackets projected to be the playoff field on the Sportsnetwork site.  And the brackets did not include YSU at this point, but had Lehigh and other teams we'd probably destroy in the field.  I want YSU to get in as bad as anyone, but I would hate to see the committee screw us again.

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2013, 05:03:35 AM »
I just checked again and they have SDSU and NDSt going from the Missouri Valley, but no YSU.  According to them for YSU it's win or go home.  Being in the toughest conference in the nation and a 8-4 record apparently will mean nothing to them.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/fcs/FCS_Bracket.pdf
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 08:51:19 AM by Dmorton »

ValleyTalk

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2013, 07:24:08 AM »
Paladin, I understand everything you're saying, I'm only referring to what I saw in the brackets projected to be the playoff field on the Sportsnetwork site.  And the brackets did not include YSU at this point, but had Lehigh and other teams we'd probably destroy in the field.  I want YSU to get in as bad as anyone, but I would hate to see the committee screw us again.
Once again, the SportsNetwork DOES NOT make the bracket. Each year their final projection is wrong. They are banking on YSU losing this week. Also, anyone who follows the TSN knows they aren't high on the MVFC. They would like nothing more to see the 'best FCS conference' only have 2 playoff teams.

I couldn't give a crap what the SportsNetwork says. We are #9 in the GPI and that actually matters.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2013, 08:46:44 AM »
Once again, the SportsNetwork DOES NOT make the bracket. Each year their final projection is wrong. They are banking on YSU losing this week. Also, anyone who follows the TSN knows they aren't high on the MVFC. They would like nothing more to see the 'best FCS conference' only have 2 playoff teams.

I couldn't give a crap what the SportsNetwork says. We are #9 in the GPI and that actually matters.

Right on.  I can't sttand TSN.  They are horrible.

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2013, 08:52:43 AM »
Just simply showing how fragile they think our situation is if we don't win!  I know they're all for the CAA.

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2013, 08:58:57 AM »
Look - if YSU loses their last 3 and there are questions about the health of the quarterback, that's a problem.  And it would be for any team in the country who's best win is over a 7-5 or 6-6 team.  And for any team in FCS, Div II or Div III.

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2013, 10:10:11 AM »
I suspect we HOST with a WIN this weekend?

Offline Train

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2013, 10:11:39 AM »
we win....definitely host a game next saturday...
loose and on the bubble again...with the 4 added spots i say we get in...

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2013, 10:26:16 AM »
This is how  laughable this is -- everyone ( and I mean everyone) thinks we'll host a game if we win. The second place team from the TOUGHEST LEAGUE in FCS). But lose and you not only don't host, but you are out ?  What happened to everyone's opinion that the MVFC is the toughest league ?  The GPI is a TOP 10. Massey is high.  8 wins with a loss to a team that will play for the Big 10 title, the #1 team in FCS  another team who makes the playoffs and a last second FG loss on the road ? Still second place but now not only not hosting , but not good enough for the playoffs ?  ;D

Seriously, some of you need a bowel movement.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2013, 10:30:22 AM »
We win.... We host.