Author Topic: Offense Shines in Annual Red-White Spring Game  (Read 10941 times)

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Offense Shines in Annual Red-White Spring Game
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2014, 08:31:44 AM »
I agree the defense, while looking more aggressive, was shredded.

I did like the pre-snap movement on that side of the ball. They were moving safeties around going from cover 2 to cover 1 with the other safety dropping down into the box for run support. I like that the new co-ord. and perhaps Zordich are willing to take some chances.

Any new look on that side of the ball is welcomed. Lining up in a base 4-3 with out LB 5 yards off the ball every play doesn't work. See the last 3 games of the season, if you can stomach it  :(

RB's were outstanding, a true stable of talent there. WR's we have a lot of capable guys, Williams and Berassa can be as good of a tandem as pretty much any FCS team can field in my opinion. Tall and fast, whats not to like there?

I'd give the nod to Davis as well. Nania seemed capable, and a very shifty runner.

Hard to judge the O-line...were they good or is our D-line as bad as last year?

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Offense Shines in Annual Red-White Spring Game
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2014, 12:10:48 PM »
Looking at the play by play, the 1st team O ran 42 plays, and 21 of them went for 10 or more yards.  Of those, 11 were 20 plus.  Most of them were running plays.  To those that were there, did the Oline open up huge holes on the long running plays, or was the tackling terrible?  The three starters (Kromah, Zaborsky, Kelly) in the middle of the D combined for no tackles.