Author Topic: SDSU In Game!  (Read 41804 times)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: SDSU In Game!
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2014, 06:48:07 PM »
Call into the 5th quarter show 330-729-9977

I want to hear from some of you
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 06:48:59 PM by penguinpower »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2014, 07:30:59 PM »
Huge win. Great defensive effort. Hunter made a pro throw on the last to drive

kforbs126

« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2014, 08:18:38 PM »
I'm totally upset with myself and thought the game was at 2 pacific and missed it.  First one in a very long time.  I'm glad that we won and it looks like we played well.   fb fb fb

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2014, 08:27:33 PM »
Awesome win!  I would go as far to say that this is a defining win for a new era of YSU FB.

It was a much needed win given the challenging November schedule.  This gives us separation (especially considering SDSU plays at Fargo next week).

Unless there is a another November meltdown, I now see YSU hosting a game Nov 29th.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2014, 08:34:08 PM »
I'm totally upset with myself and thought the game was at 2 pacific and missed it.  First one in a very long time.  I'm glad that we won and it looks like we played well.   fb fb fb

I missed a few minutes but went to espn and watched it on a replay
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 08:35:25 PM by guinpen »
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline seanbryan3

• Royal Penguin
  • 18 hours away and faithful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2014, 09:00:52 PM »
Definitely very exciting! Need to take care of business next couple weeks now. Very good win today for the team. Nice to see no penalties today, and no real dumb mistakes.
"Consistency is better than rare moments of greatness" Let's Go Guins!

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2014, 09:08:45 PM »
All, I didn't get to watch but listening on the radio.  I feel a very well played game all in all.  Sounded good on the radio to say the least.  Zenner was pretty much a non-factor and the defense stepped up again when they were needed. 

Based on some of the in game comments, I'm glad I didn't watch it.  Everyone made it sound pretty brutal to watch.  This team has played some great football in 3 of the last 4 games.  Hopefully Wolford and staff have turned the corner with these kids. 

ValleyTalk

« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2014, 09:09:27 PM »

We have two. One posts nonsense about Montgomery, the other FATHOMS to post immediately following a loss, while he is silent following an enormous win.

Oh where oh where are they???

Offline DoubleE

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2014, 10:43:37 PM »
A must win for the program to get into the playoffs and great team game. My only problem/concern is Wolfords use of timeouts but he has always had this problem and it will never change. Other then this the coaching was good. Wells was coached up and make some great decisions (and got away with a couple of mistakes) The Defensive Line played extremely well and our Safety play helped keep the RB is check. great game all around

Offline DoubleE

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2014, 10:51:27 PM »
Sitting at 6-2 with the need to go 3-1 down the stretch to get into the playoffs (with our poor non conference schedule, 4 losses wont get us in, last season is proof)

Assuming we beat USD that means we need to beat 2 of NDSU, ISUb, and ISUr

which 2 do you think is most likely ?

ValleyTalk

« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2014, 11:00:30 PM »
Sitting at 6-2 with the need to go 3-1 down the stretch to get into the playoffs (with our poor non conference schedule, 4 losses wont get us in, last season is proof)

Assuming we beat USD that means we need to beat 2 of NDSU, ISUb, and ISUr

which 2 do you think is most likely ?
3 wins over ranked teams already. League is a powerhouse this year.  I expect any 8 win mvfc team to make it. Let's just win 9 though.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2014, 11:03:03 PM »
DoubleE,

If you monitor the performance of other FCS conferences this season, you would conclude that the committee will actually be taking quite a few four loss teams this season.  They will have no choice to fill out the 24 team field.  Don't be shocked to see one or two 7-5 teams in the field with the right schedules (ex. a 7-5 UNI with their two FBS losses.)

Our problem is that Illinois State and Indiana State are better than Southern Illinois and Missouri State.  We must beat one of them, preferably Indiana State at home.  Even if we beat Illinois State, we probably won't finish ahead of them in the standings as they don't play North Dakota State.

Offline DoubleE

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2014, 11:05:20 PM »
DoubleE,

If you monitor the performance of other FCS conferences this season, you would conclude that the committee will actually be taking quite a few four loss teams this season.  They will have no choice to fill out the 24 team field.  Don't be shocked to see one or two 7-5 teams in the field with the right schedules (ex. a 7-5 UNI with their two FBS losses.)

Our problem is that Illinois State and Indiana State are better than Southern Illinois and Missouri State.  We must beat one of them, preferably Indiana State at home.  Even if we beat Illinois State, we probably won't finish ahead of them in the standings as they don't play North Dakota State.

We saw a 7 win school and 8-4 schools from weaker conferences taken ahead of YSU last year as well.  Our non conference strength of schedule is on par with last years. I see no reason why 8-4 wasnt good enough last year but will be this year but I may be wrong
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 11:11:47 PM by DoubleE »

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2014, 11:16:19 PM »
DoubleE,

One last point before I call it a night.  I'm too lazy to look this up, but I suspect that any five loss team in the playoffs last season was an automatic bid winner from a weak conference.  For the at large bids this year, you are going to see plenty of four loss teams.  I agree with Valley, any MVFC school that finishes 8-4 is in.  The 23-1 ooc record for the conference and the number of wins over ranked opponents means that MVFC teams will have resumes that overwhelm most other FCS conferences.

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 26, 2014, 01:25:12 AM »
The selection committee will have to get pretty creative to leave YSU out at 8-4...... Especially since St Francis beat the 24th ranked Sacred Heart this weekend.