Author Topic: Guins vs. ILS In game thread  (Read 67231 times)

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Guins vs. ILS In game thread
« Reply #120 on: November 08, 2014, 05:00:32 PM »
Please ISUr....one more TD.....just to rub it into this coaching staff's faces!!!

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 08, 2014, 05:00:58 PM »
0505you are nuts. You sit there and watch an offense (really one single person) cut us up like a gifted surgeon then look to blame the offensive coordinator. Am I upset that we did not have more down field game in the second half? yes, but Well's passes were getting worse and worse. Obviously the OC did not trust him.

Wow!! Dan you never cease to amaze me  ;D

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 08, 2014, 05:01:36 PM »
0505you are nuts. You sit there and watch an offense (really one single person) cut us up like a gifted surgeon then look to blame the offensive coordinator. Am I upset that we did not have more down field game in the second half? yes, but Well's passes were getting worse and worse. Obviously the OC did not trust him.

We all know the defense is bad!! We were tearing them apart in the 1st half. Couldn't be stopped!!! And you cross the 50 yard line ONCE in the 2nd half. Get out of La-La land..... Seriously. No adjustments. Get an Int, down by 7 and you RUN THE BALL 3 TIMES IN A ROW. That is the worst play calling job I've ever seen. No other words.

Offline seanbryan3

• Royal Penguin
  • 18 hours away and faithful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 08, 2014, 05:02:21 PM »
Tough second half, didn't see any adjustments from our end.
"Consistency is better than rare moments of greatness" Let's Go Guins!

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 08, 2014, 05:02:41 PM »
Special teams killed us.  2 blocked field goals and an 8 yard punot and a fumbled return. We are in the bottom half of the MVFC in special teams this year a day we were at the top last year.  Difference?   The coach.  Bryant moved to defensive coordinator.   New gup is not getting it done.   Bum.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 08, 2014, 05:03:09 PM »

We all know the defense is bad!! We were tearing them apart in the 1st half. Couldn't be stopped!!! And you cross the 50 yard line ONCE in the 2nd half. Get out of La-La land..... Seriously. No adjustments. Get an Int, down by 7 and you RUN THE BALL 3 TIMES IN A ROW. That is the worst play calling job I've ever seen. No other words.

Not to mention playing it safe to end the 1st half playing for a 3 pointer with 2:57 on the clock  ???
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 05:04:51 PM by ysubigred »

Offline seanbryan3

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 08, 2014, 05:03:22 PM »

I agree with you! Its absolute BS. That series was awful...

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 08, 2014, 05:05:24 PM »

I feel sorry for your Bro  :-X

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 08, 2014, 05:06:17 PM »
As we near the end of 5 years and nearly 60 games from this coaching regime, YSU FOOTBALL has WON only 2 games they shouldnt (NDSU and Pitt)................... A change for the the sake of change is needed once again..........!

Offline seanbryan3

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 08, 2014, 05:07:59 PM »
Im gonna hop off here guys, im sorry im just flat out disgusted right now.. Nothing more to say or feel, just looking forward to talking to my brother because I know there is nothing more that he wants than to make the playoffs, and today hurts... Coaching staff did not make adjustments today, but the players also did not execute.. Montgomery who ever has the finally say on play calling made piss poor decisions on that last drive.. And unfurtunaly Wells in the 2nd half today looked a little rattled for the first time in his campaign, but I would never put that kid down because he has done a tremendous job for us so far, and is not the reason we lost... Ill be in town next weekend for the game, if any of you are interested ill be in all black with a grey and black beanie hat on, we park right behind the Adams big RV. Tough one today.

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 08, 2014, 05:09:16 PM »
I'm not going to pick on the OC or DC.  This was an all too typical failure of the entire coaching staff.  Which directly should be pointed to the HC.  Time and time again, a tale of 2 halves where YSU just continues to get punched over and over and over again.  Just to keep on taking body shots.  It's really a shame!!!  Get those fans who love YSU up and excited.  Then, lay an egg....just like always!!! 

Offline seanbryan3

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 08, 2014, 05:10:10 PM »

Trust me I feel real bad for him, the kid is a team player... Went from catching 47 balls his freshman year to being non existent after Andre Coleman left.. Gives his all, and will do anything for the coaches.. His only wish this season was to make the playoffs.. Completely unselfish football player..

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 08, 2014, 05:11:11 PM »

Trust me I feel real bad for him, the kid is a team player... Went from catching 47 balls his freshman year to being non existent after Andre Coleman left.. Gives his all, and will do anything for the coaches.. His only wish this season was to make the playoffs.. Completely unselfish football player..

Yes sir I see it.

Offline Karl Hungus

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 08, 2014, 05:12:23 PM »
M24 lot ?

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 08, 2014, 05:16:06 PM »
YSU is a better/physical football team but more poorly conditioned than the past years.. Still have the lack of coaching staff to take them over the top. Maybe a miracle will happen and YSU can regroup and catch NDSU looking ahead "IF" they can get by a reeling Indy State.   :'(
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 05:16:41 PM by ysubigred »