Author Topic: Transfers  (Read 14841 times)

Offline mayor

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Transfers
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2014, 10:37:19 PM »
It looks like Dante landed at Slippery Rock University. Good Luck Dante!

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2014, 12:32:58 PM »
I hope the guys that are considering transferring at least wait until the new staff is in place, and they go through spring ball.

Offline mayor

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2014, 02:52:13 PM »
I hope the guys that are considering transferring at least wait until the new staff is in place, and they go through spring ball.

It doesn't work that way. If you are going to transfer and have any hopes of starting somewhere in the Fall, you would transfer during Christmas break and do Spring ball with your new team. If not you would be going into Fall camp as an unknown and try to learn a new offense in 2-3 weeks. I've never heard of that happening.

Offline mvfc penguin

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2014, 05:20:45 PM »

It doesn't work that way. If you are going to transfer and have any hopes of starting somewhere in the Fall, you would transfer during Christmas break and do Spring ball with your new team. If not you would be going into Fall camp as an unknown and try to learn a new offense in 2-3 weeks. I've never heard of that happening.

It definitely has happened here in the past couple years to be exact...

Offline mayor

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2014, 09:49:10 PM »
Was it someone who was kicked out of an FBS school and was just alot better than what we had? Just curious. I guess i could see that scenario with a D lineman or maybe a D-back but not a running back, quarterback, or wide receiver. Maybe I'm wrong.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 09:57:40 PM by mayor »

Offline mvfc penguin

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2014, 10:57:38 PM »
Was it someone who was kicked out of an FBS school and was just alot better than what we had? Just curious. I guess i could see that scenario with a D lineman or maybe a D-back but not a running back, quarterback, or wide receiver. Maybe I'm wrong.

2011 season:
Travis Williams, deionte Davis, to name a few

2012 season:
Kyle Bryant

2013 season:
Devon mckoy, tre Moore

2014 season:
Nate dortch, jimmy kitchen

Those are FBS bounce backs to play a significant role in their first season at YSU

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2014, 09:56:12 AM »

Hmm... Would love to see a good FBS QB transfer to YSU. Seemed to work well for other schools.. Flacco, Warner, Romo etc.. And this year ISU (r) has a 1 year wonder.  fb

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2014, 09:59:41 AM »
It looks like Dante landed at Slippery Rock University. Good Luck Dante!

Would be funny to see SR on the schedule next year.. See if he'd make 4 qtrs without getting smashed.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2014, 10:23:22 AM »

Hmm... Would love to see a good FBS QB transfer to YSU. Seemed to work well for other schools.. Flacco, Warner, Romo etc.. And this year ISU (r) has a 1 year wonder.  fb

You mean like Najee Tyler???? Lol. Man was he a stud.

Offline DoubleE

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2014, 10:29:43 AM »

Tre Roberson

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2014, 12:12:22 PM »

If they transfer to another D1 school they will have to sit out in the fall regardless of whether they transfer before or after spring semester, and if they transfer down to D2 or D3, I would expect them to start almost immediately, even if they don't come in until fall camp.