Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
YSU Penguin Athletics / Re: YSU Beeghly facilities upgrade
« Last post by Wick250 on May 12, 2024, 12:43:03 PM »
I have been on record as a Strollo critic for decades, but the development of the physical athletic plant has actually been Strollo's best achievement.

In no particular order, he secured private funding for the Watts Center, the soccer, softball, and track complex, and the multimedia center inside the stadium. He also secured funding for areas inside Beeghly that fans don't usually see, such as the weight room, video room, and locker rooms. Redoing the lobbies before the seating was certainly a mistake, but overall Strollo has been solid in regards to facilities.
General BS / Удалите пожалуйста 23.254.131.196 ??
« Last post by Ilushikyvy on May 12, 2024, 12:29:32 PM »
удалите пожалуйста.
« Last post by Ilushikzck on May 12, 2024, 11:49:04 AM »
удалите пожалуйста.
General BS / Удалите пожалуйста ysupenguins.com ??
« Last post by Ilushikvfe on May 12, 2024, 10:22:57 AM »
удалите пожалуйста.
General BS / Удалите пожалуйста ysupenguins.com ??
« Last post by Ilushikmae on May 12, 2024, 08:29:38 AM »
del plz.
« Last post by Ilushikbdv on May 12, 2024, 08:29:31 AM »
del plz.
YSU Penguin Athletics / Re: YSU Beeghly facilities upgrade
« Last post by goodnews on May 12, 2024, 08:27:54 AM »
The more I think about the athletic department the more I realize how inept they've been.  No major sponsor deals for anything in regards to facilities. I stand corrected (Farmer Bank) multi facility and Covelli donated to the complex on 5th Ave.  I have my doubts that he secured those funds either..  The basketball coach secured the funding to replace nearly 50 year old wooden bleachers in a facility that is dated beyond belief.  Think about that for a minute.  Oh, and the coach is gone to bigger and better things.  Hard to imagine an AD for 20 years couldn't raise $500k to replace seatingn10 or 15 years ago? Now with inflation its $2 million.  Hopefully they don't screw this up like they did the chair back seats in Stambaugh Stadium where only a 2nd grader can comfortably sit.  What a waste of money those were.  I could go on and on as I'm sure others could too. There was no vision and the guy also sat on the FCS competition committee for  years.  You can't tell me he didn't see this coming? He did nothing to position our programs for success.  I guess u get what you pay for?
YSU Penguin Athletics / Re: Missouri St
« Last post by YsuPride on May 11, 2024, 09:03:19 AM »
I agree we might have missed our time to move up. Our stadium is no longer the best in Fcs let alone the league.
« Last post by YSUGO on May 11, 2024, 08:46:03 AM »
I keep saying this FCS is going to be a hard sell to the  fans and  future recruits.  I know some on the board have predicted the demise of the Mac and Akron and Kent for years and it it Hasnt happened. Why because football still pay the bills. Most of those programs play 2 money games a year.  They have all survived.  we have seen different schools move up that we played Marshall, Appy St, Boise State, Jacksonville State, Georgia Southern etc.  It seems to work for them and none of them miss FCS.  I keep beating adead horse nobody cares about FCS.  TV doesnt care the media doesnt care and the fans dont care.  I guess we missed our chance Years ago when we had Mickey monus as the booster snd all the phar mor money   Its going to take money, and I feel the powers to be are not capable to finding that. The present. AD in interviews says hes content where were at.  so there you have it.  Till he retires nothing will change.  I agree our stadium is not five star.  We have fallen behind times in that.  Oh well, its fun to dream.
« Last post by guinpen on May 11, 2024, 07:53:54 AM »
I cannot imagine that the opportunity to move up in football will last very long, a lot of schools will have the same dream that Missouri St is now living but I do not see the G5 diluting itself by taking everyone that wants in. Probably too late already for most schools like YSU.

Does not seem that YSU has the aggressive attitude needed to stay relevant. Excuses are easier to find then solutions.

Football will suffer the most, unless we find some major NIL money, we will never be a factor in the play-offs again. The new reality with paying players means that you no longer will build a program, you will need to buy a program.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10