Author Topic: Missouri St week  (Read 1218 times)

Offline Buddy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Missouri St week
« Reply #45 on: Today at 06:13:18 PM »
Not stopping them on 3rd and 20 was a killer

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Today at 06:15:49 PM »
Next week is likely our last chance to get a 2nd win of the season.  Too bad Murray State wasn't on the schedule for 2024.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Today at 06:17:04 PM »
Hate losing but we did play a decent 2nd half, not great but better.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Today at 06:30:30 PM »
2 teams with bad defenses today.  We did play better but we still look like a 3-4 win team.  Our D was constantly being fooled. Tick tick tick tick you’d hear that Philips
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline ysu1982

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Today at 06:32:15 PM »
The jury is still out to whether Brungard is a D1 AA QB, but he is a D1 AA athlete.

Offline 33Y0

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Today at 06:37:25 PM »
The jury is still out to whether Brungard is a D1 AA QB, but he is a D1 AA athlete.
He’s a great athlete but I have some serious doubts about him being a capable enough QB at this level.

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Today at 06:55:42 PM »
Great comeback! But not enough. The offensive play calling deep in our territory may be the worst play calling ever. Run the ball and hope for overtime!  WTF were we thinking?  That was horrible!! We could have taken them  to overtime and had a chance. Once we were throwing and stopping the clock I knew it was over!  Defense looked better in second half but my goodness the play calling at the end of the game was horrendous!  Just knew it was coming!  We found a way to lose!! 

We put ourselves into a position to win and still found a way to lose. Amazing!!

THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline Jayguin

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Today at 07:05:47 PM »
Good effort 2 nd half.  Brungard I think will turn into an asset.  Only a sophomore.  Needs to get some experience. Our d on the other hand needs to improve fast.  2nd half gives some hope.  Need to stop the big plays. 

Online ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Today at 07:07:30 PM »
Great comeback! But not enough. The offensive play calling deep in our territory may be the worst play calling ever. Run the ball and hope for overtime!  WTF were we thinking?  That was horrible!! We could have taken them  to overtime and had a chance. Once we were throwing and stopping the clock I knew it was over!  Defense looked better in second half but my goodness the play calling at the end of the game was horrendous!  Just knew it was coming!  We found a way to lose!! 

We put ourselves into a position to win and still found a way to lose. Amazing!!

100%.  I thought the same.  Some of the posters are wondering if Beau is a qb at this level and I would say he has a long way to go but he does move the chains and he a little tricky to defend.   Not sure YSU has that guy with the speed on offense that can be a game changer.
« Last Edit: Today at 07:08:31 PM by ucfpengbuck »

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: Today at 07:56:34 PM »
2-10 this year at best.  Indiana state possible win and rest of games good luck with a win or even keeping it close.  Mark my word only 1 possible victory on schedule and it is next week. But we always struggle on home coming as of late.

Offline 33Y0

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Today at 09:14:41 PM »

100%.  I thought the same.  Some of the posters are wondering if Beau is a qb at this level and I would say he has a long way to go but he does move the chains and he a little tricky to defend.   Not sure YSU has that guy with the speed on offense that can be a game changer.

My two big issues with him is he doesn’t process the field well at all. He’s very slow to process. And so far, doesn’t seem to have a very strong arm. I’m not saying he has to have the arm Mitch did, but they’re really lacking the ability to push the ball downfield.